BOWLERS OF EASTERN SCHOLARSHIP TOURS
$5,000 First Place Scholarship GUARANTEED
This scratch tournament is a group effort of various tournament organizations
which all offer top competition and scholarship opportunities to junior bowlers
The 16th Annual BEST Tournament will be held June 15-16, 2019 at:
2825 Route 73 South
Maple Shade, New Jersey
BEST SCHOLARSHIP TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
(Qualifying rounds will be held on Saturday, June 15; all other rounds will be held on Sunday, June 16
QUALIFYING ROUND: (begins 8:00 A.M. on Saturday) All entrants will bowl 12 games (two six-game blocks). The lanes will be dressed with a house condition for one six-game block and dressed with a much more challenging condition for the other six-game block. The top 40% of the field, based on total pinfall for the twelve games, will advance to the quarter-finals. Scores will be carried forward through the qualifying round, quarter-finals and semi-finals.
QUARTER-FINALS: (begins 9:00 A.M. on Sunday) Quarter-finalists will bowl five match games, with a thirty pin bonus for each victory. 40% of the quarter-finalists will advance to the semi-finals.
SEMI-FINALS: Semi-finalists will bowl five match games, with a thirty pin bonus for each victory. The top ten bowlers at the conclusion of the semi-finals will advance to the finals.
Match One: 8th, 9th and 10th qualifiers bowl a one game match, with the winner advancing
Match Two: Match One winner, 6th qualifier and 7th qualifier bowl a one game match, with the winner advancing
Match Three: Match Two winner, 5th qualifier and 4th qualifier bowl a one game match, with the winner advancing
Match Four: Match Three winner bowls 3rd qualifier, with the winner advancing
Match Five: Match Four winner bowls 2nd qualifier, with the winner advancing
Match Six: Match Five winner bowls the top qualifier to determine the champion
GIRLS SCRATCH PRIZES ($1,000-500-250-150-100): The top five girls in the final standings of the BEST Tournament will be guaranteed scholarship prizes. The top five girls will earn either the prize for their final position in the main prize fund, or the prize from the girls guaranteed prize list, whichever is higher.
HANDICAP PRIZES ($1,000-500-250-150-100): Five scholarship prizes will be awarded for the top handicap 12-game totals in the qualifying round on Saturday. Only those bowlers who qualify through a handicap event of a participating organization are eligible for these prizes. Entrants MUST have bowled a minimum of 30 games in tournament competition (all participating groups combined) in the 2018-19 season in order to be eligible for the handicap prizes.
BEST TOURNAMENT GUARANTEED SCHOLARSHIP PRIZES
$5000, 2500, 1500, 1000, 500, 500, 250, 250, 150, 150
All semi-finalists will receive scholarship prizes
Optional Singles/Doubles/Adult-Junior Warm-up Tournament will be held on Friday, June 14 with squads beginning at 5:30 P.M., 7:00 P.M. and 8:30 P.M. Entrants will receive information about the Warm-Up Tournament.
BEST SCHOLARSHIP TOURNAMENT OF 2019 - ADDITIONAL RULES
1. The Bowlers of Eastern Scholarship Tours (BEST) Scholarship Tournament is a scratch event open to all male and female bowlers who were 21 years of age or less as of August 1, 2018. Bowlers may gain entry into the BEST Scholarship Tournament by earning a spot through a qualifying event run by a participating junior tournament organization or by paying the Buy-In entry fee. Current or former PBA members are not eligible to compete in the BEST Tournament.
2. Tournament Buy-In entry fee is $170, however Buy-In entries paid by June 7, 2019 are $160. Entry fee breakdown: $50 bowling fees and expenses, $110 scholarships and prizes. All scholarship and prize fees collected will be returned 100%.
3. Entries will be accepted on a FIRST-PAID, FIRST-SERVED basis. Foe up-to-date information on available space in the tournament, contact Chuck Pezzano Jr. by e-mail or telephone (listed below).
4. At least one out of every six participants in the BEST Tournament will earn a scholarship prize. The top scholarship prize is GUARANTEED at $5,000. All scholarship money earned will be held by the Junior Bowlers Tour until such time that the bowler has completed at least one semester of college and has attained a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. Winners must claim scholarship winnings by the time they reach age 23.
5. Proper dress and behavior is expected of all participants. All bowlers must wear shirts with collars and sleeves Bowlers are NOT permitted to wear hats, clothing with offensive language or graphics, or any apparel which the tournament directors feel is inappropriate. Any bowler who uses foul language, makes obscene gestures or abuses equipment will be subject to disqualification, as determined by the tournament directors. Only those bowlers who are still in competition, scorekeepers and tournament officials are permitted in the settee area.
6. All rules not specifically covered will be governed by the rules of the Junior Bowlers Tour and the general rules of bowling. The tournament directors reserve all rights regarding all rules and the operation of the tournament.
For further information, contact: CHUCK PEZZANO JR. - (973) 423-3339 E-Mail: JBTBoss1@aol.com
Personal checks will be accepted until May 27, 2019. After that date, bank checks and money orders may be used for payment and are to be made payable to: CHUCK PEZZANO JR. Completed entry blanks are to be mailed, with full entry fee, to:
JUNIOR BOWLERS TOUR
198 Tenth Avenue
Hawthorne, New Jersey 07506
BEST TOURNAMENT ENTRY BLANK
Name _______________________________________________________Birth Date ___________________
Address ________________________________________________ Phone __(_______)________________
City _______________________________________________ State ______________ Zip ______________
E-Mail Address ___________________________________ Expected year of high school graduation ________